Sunday, March 13, 2011

Took a Ride Today....

KP & I are trying to make sure we work a workout in on Sundays.  It doesnt always work out but we try.  This week was nice enough to do a ride.  I am hoping that going forward every Sunday will be nice enough to do a ride.  We ride around her neighborhood - similar to our game plan last year.  She has some good hills in the mix to work on that part of the workout.  It's just hard to determine the distance we travel.  I am going to have to clock it on MMR again this year to get it back into my memory.
The hill at the front of the neighborhood and the one at the back - yes, does sound familiar to last year - are killer.  Our goal is to be able to say by race time - well that wasnt that bad.  I am so looking forward to that day.
There are a couple other goals I have when it comes to cycling. 
Ultimately I want to add the town loop back into the mix.  That's the early morning ride away from town and back in through town that I did last year.  Once the days start to get lighter earlier that will be added.
BUT I did want to start some other roads.
The road I walk/run - Tom Short that is a 4 mile loop.  If you go further over Ardrey Kell it becomes more of a 6 mile loop.  If you go back over Rea, you could probably add a few miles there as well.  I would like to add that ride sooner than later as the roads are somewhat flat and not too congested.
The over the Rea part of further ultimately connects to the greenway park I ride in.  It would be neat to add that to the mix - however that last bit of road is twisty and turny and there is a BIG HILL!!!!  So I dont know that I would ever find myself going that far.  But maybe as far as the top of the twisty turny hill and back.
There is a route from the park that I clocked last year that was off the beaten path (kind of) and a good distance.  I dont think that one will make the mix this year - unless I find myself completely BORED!....
The last ride I want to work in - maybe right before race day... is a 10 mile ride... it starts at my house and ends at Target.  Well technically that was the 10 mile stretch I calculated last year.  This year that 10 mile stretch also ends pretty darned close to LTH's home.  So I was thinking...  I could ride my bike there and then get a ride home to get my car to get the bike etc etc...  I am looking forward to the day when I feel I can make that distance.
OK we know Ihave covered that distance before with the triathlon - just on my own and all...
The rest of this week is going to be a bunch of run/walk stuff (let's hope) as I am on the road again.  Realised as well that I was on the road again next week...  so that too will lend to some running.  The good news is with the time change I may actually be able to do some outside running around my locations instead.
I also want to add in a whole bunch of yoga stretching type things this week and next.
dun duh duh.... gonaa have to hop in that water soon too!

No comments: