Saturday, March 5, 2011

my ears will be cold...

some people know that the wind in my ears while riding or even skootering is very painful to me.  even in the heat of the summer the wind can sometimes bother me...  a client of mine suggested a type of hat that goes under your helmet...  truth be told i am not one to ride in the coller temps so i never looked into it.  today since i am feeling motivated to take the bike out, i kind of wish i had..  it is about 54F at the moment and cloudy/overcast... by 10 it should be a little warmer and later in the day it should be raining...  so i am prepping - well obviously not as i am typing - to get on the bike this morning...  i am thinking 6 miles that same as last week and 4 on foot... that is more than last week so we shall see...
my race is next week at this time
http://www.ymcacharlotte.org/branches/childressklein/socialresp/events/corpcup/overview.aspx
a few of my friends have decided to join me - that either means the pressure is on or i will just cop out and not challenge myself... i do struggle sometimes in group situations...
my goal is still to finish under 45 minutes... and i know that others will wiz on by me on this pace... but i just need to get out there and do it..
the premise of this race is to coordimate teams from the workplace- never really got around to doing that...  but there will be a few of us and it will be fun..
now to stop the procrastinating and yuck that bike out of the shed and up on the car

No comments: