Saturday, March 26, 2011

rain rain go away...

i think the timing of this weekend's rain is funny...  i can't explain it but it always seems to rain when others are here on holiday trying to partake in outdoor activities...  could be a message

i originally was going to get up and head on out to swim/bike/run today.  then i had an idea to go for a walk with a friend i havent seen in a while.  of course he slept in and by the time he got my message it was already raining.  i'd say the rain arrived a good 4 hours ahead of anticipated...  in that time the temperature had gotten rather chilly as well...

so instead i spent the morning reviewing the calendar for the next 5 weeks - little holiday right around the corner... and then the next 14 weeks - little race right around the corner...
i plotted out some new road rides for the bike... i contemplated the extend of the swimming i want to be doing and decided to further commit to improving my run...  from there i had a hard time motivating to leave the house and tried to veg and watch a movie instead..

have you ever noticed how hard it is sometimes to just sit still and do nothing but watch tv - it is a challenge for me to get sucked in like that - OK I have been known to lose a day here or there being sucked in but it is generally not the case...  so i put myself on auto-pilot... that's the process of going through the motions of getting ready for the gym and not allowing myself to give it more thought than - running pants, socks, hrm, tank top, sneaks...  just go through the paces which ultimately leads me out the door and into the car... it is odd how this approach works so well.  i give myself an out in case i get there and dont feel it - but i have found once i get to where i am going the motivation kicks in and the excitement of the challenge ahead wins over

today was just a run - still a little scared to yuck out the suit with my pasty white fleshy flabby nasty skin - dont feel like the winter has been kind...  and thankfully a good song came on - Dakota, of course... Stereophonics, of course...  and the next thing you know I was running the track

And today's run hit some new personal bests - i consistently ran 3 laps (about a quarter mile) for each one I walked... and at the end i ran a bunch of laps at a faster pace to keep myself going...  it was a good feeling.. sure the averages are still about the same but I am OK with that...

tomorrow i am going to try to do the same - 830 mass, 10gym, 12noon - I need to get some work done from home!!!  I could go into the office but I prefer to work from here....
Monday starts the swim efforts - it's gonna be GREAT!!!  i just keep telling myself 5 weeks!

No comments: