Saturday, March 12, 2011

Lactic Acid

Have you ever felt the nastiness that results in the build up of lactic acid?  I have a few distinct times.  One of the very first deep tissue massages I had released a whole lot of toxins with the effect of the lactic acid.  I remember it made me very weepy and sore.  I was forewarned that this could be the case if you have never had this type of procedure before.
I experienced it as well as a result of medication I was on at one point in time.  That time it was more along the lines of feeling like I had the flu.  One of the medications side effects was an impact on your body's potasium.  I decided that the end result for the medication was not as big of a concern for me as the side effects it was creating.  It also made my stomache upset on a fairly regular basis.
The last time was the triathlon over the summer.  I knew I had gotten pretty dehydrated because of the heat.  I didnt realise how faitgued my body had really become until a day or so later when in the middle of the summer I find myself driving home early from work because I didnt feel well and I had turned on the seat heater (yes in the middle of the summer) to help with the aches.
That being said - gonna go pour some of that coconut water down my throat follow it up with some water and head on out to that massage....

No comments: