Saturday, March 5, 2011

reading labels..

not that reading labels for foods is enough work... NOW the dentist has suggested reading the labels on the dental products I buy...  you should really look to buy a higher fluoride content toothpaste and rinse...  really?  i thought it was all the same, right?  well, i guess not..  for example she says that toothpaste for children generally has less fluoride to reduce the risk of them swallowing too much of it... HUH?  havent they been known to put fluoride in the tap water we drink to help promote healthy teeth and gums?  and that some of the toothpaste for sensitive teeth - sensodyne to be exact - has more fluoride...  so now I have 2 tubes of toothpaste upstairs - both fairly new.. and now I just need to check their fluoride content against the others the next time I am at Target... really??? 
oh and let's not get into the part about rinses...  i am so bad at these.  my dad was an avid listerine user throughout his life.  one of those scents you smell on the air and it reminds you of someone or something.. well listerine would be my dad...  always before we left the house...  too bad he hated the dentist so much... makes me wonder if it really worked - well he was a smoker so...
anyways I buy these rinses I come across every once in a while.. just a few weeks ago I bought a new Crest rinse that is supposed to help with enamel strengthening - you know the deal...
well now I need to read the labels on that as well...  oddly enough - it looks like the toothpaste has more fluoride than the rinse - so why would you rinse with it after brushing your teeth...
you know this will consume my brain and my time for a bit and then fall by the wayside... and then a few weeks before going to the dentist it will catch my attention again...
they are kind of obsessed with the fact I still have my wisdom teeth...  I am waiting for the day they try to convince me I need to have them pulled...  second opinion will be my reply at that time... and then I will go see the dentist that is not covered by my insurance to see what he has to say

No comments: