Saturday, January 28, 2012

Soup and salad

So the Whole Living web site might not be the easiest to navigate. Lots of fun pages to look at. But a bit busy to get back to things. But I have decided to do my best to follow their lead on a 28 detox diet. Now we know I struggle with these items as life gets in the way but I can always give it a try. The first week is the elimination of everything except fruits and vegetables and nuts or seeds and healthy oils. I have some foods set aside for this that has been working to get me used to the concept. As of today I pulled a few recipes and headed out to the grocery store. The first a butternut squash soup. Utternut squash, onion, garlic, carrot, and apple. And a bunch of spices. Although I am glad I did not buy the cardamom. Man that is expensive and ultimately I only needed an eighth of a teaspoon. Oncenit is all cooked it calls to be puréed. My problem with that is it loses any need to chew. And there is something satisfying in the need to chew. Nsomat the moment I do not know if I will purée it or not. The second recipe was a kale red cabbage cole slaw. I have cut up all the veg but have not made the dressing. I bought a bottled dressing for this evenings salad. Depending on its flavor that may be the dressing the slaw. Net to see. I boughtbsomethingbfor roasted veg and tahini and another with some balsamic something. I figured they would be tackled later in the week as far as the kitchen is concerned. They also provide some yoga detox poses that I am about to try. I should have gone to the gym but with everything else in my day that did not happen. So I get an hour of exercise before dinner.

No comments: