Monday, January 16, 2012

Fast food

Two weeks ago I ran out of coffee. I found myself on this downward spiral of fast god excuses. The first morning was coffee at Starbucks - I had a gift card so why not. Of course the peppermint mochas is a far cry from my coffee with skim milk or soy milk at home on most mornings. And to top it off a sugar laden scone which is a far cry from the normal egg based breakfasts. Unfortunately the lack of coffee continued into the next day. The following morning I opted for a McDonalds coffee. The ability to have more of a basic coffee is the appeal of this coffee. Again it doesn't pan out this way. Who would've known how many people actually go to the McDonalds down the street from my house. Not me. The drive thru was crazy busy. So I opted to go inside. OMG it is the early morning hang out before school. There were lots of kids inside just hanging out. I guess the must be kids that drove in the crowd. It is not a convenient walk to the high school. And again a line. And standing there in line waiting for my coffee I get distracted for food. I should have opted for the oatmeal but it totally escaped me that they had oatmeal. And out I walked with a sausage egg mcmuffin. Oh but it doesn't stop there. In the midst of it all I had an off day of training and had a massage. Being overrun by hunger when I left and on my way to a friends house - oh Chic Fil A caught my eye. There was a Showmars sandwich on there. A roast beef and cheddar sandwich. And finally a milkshake and fries after too many (amazing for me that would be 2) margaritas the night before. So I have spent the better part of the weekend beating myself up on this. Not just from a fat perspective but also salt - wow the salt... And this week begins the first of two weeks on the road. It truly undermines my objectives. I have a game plan on where to go to eat and such when I am on the road. I hope I am able to pull it off. I have a doctors appointment at the end of the month and wanted to be closer to the Athena weight than I am. Truth be told I would like to below the Athena weight but I keep see sawing with the weight loss and weight gain. I really need to buckle down. I am going to try to catalog my efforts to hopefully keep the focus. We shall see.

No comments: