Saturday, January 28, 2012

Apples with breakfast

So in the quest for decaf I bought some Starbuck decaf.  I am liking it.  However someone did mention a little tidbit of info that I had not been thinking about.  Starbucks decaf may not be as decaffeinated as other brands.  She has a point.  We will eventually use up all of this and have to try a more reasonably priced variety.

My other new treat for breakfast is apples.  Here I go through all this hassle to try to create a shake or smoothie or juice or something for breakfast.  But then I read somewhere that apples have a great array of nutrients to start off your day.  So I decided earlier this week to give it a try.  Here's my secret...

Cut the apple into thin slices.  I know I usually eat the apple right off the core.  It gives a great sense of satisfaction while eating.  Save that for the afternoon snack.  And when I say thin, I mean thin.  Quarter inch slices perhaps...
Arrange nicely on a plate - there is something to be said for presentation.
Sprinkle with cinamon...  Do the reading on cinamon, it has a lot of great qualities.
Sprinkle with some ground flax seed...  This will give you some added fiber (like there wasnt enough in the apple), a little bit of healthy fat and oil, hint of a nutty taste, and a slight dry carbish type feel on some slices.  If you dont understand that last reference, sorry, it is definitely i something I find comforting in the carb family.
EAT SLOWLY with a large bottle of water.
It is very satisfying.

When I start adding more proteins back into the diet I may have to change this up a bit.  I will address that later.  Now off to make some more work phone calls.  Yes, on a Saturday :) or :(

No comments: