Monday, January 9, 2012

Blood donation

So tonight was a rest night. I woke up this morning and could tell it needed to be a rest night. If I thought I was sore yesterday man I should have thought what it would feel like today. Have no idea what I did in pushing myself but sure felt some crazy leg muscles. I counted days etc on the calendar and realised today could be a rest day. I had 3 days on. So an off day it was. Plus I am not sure what to add to the mix for the next week of training. What I decided to do next with my off day is surprising. I decided it was time to head on back to the Red Cross to donate blood. I have been donating blood off and on now for a while. I had a pass out incident a few years back. What a miserable feeling to wake up to... Although the pass out time was quite peaceful. Then I had a few moments when my iron was low or on the cusp of low. Today I had eggs and spinach for breakfast and burger for lunch. So the iron was not an issue. The fainting still haunts me. My stomache gets a little sloshy... Similar to its reaction with nerves on race morning. But I do my darnedest to ignore it. And as long as the staff aren't too touchy freely explaining what they are doing I do OK. And I did OK tonight. So I am glad for that. Now I am off to bed. Tomorrow I am leaning towards a yoga class.

No comments: