Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Shall we talk about the training instead

I have been slowly working my way up to more strenuous work outs.  Which equates to I have been walking alot up to date.  On Sunday the weather was nice I got on the bike as well.  And that little bit of sunshine and fresh air seemed to do wonders for my inspiration.
Last night I went to the gym for the first time in months.  I had taken an unexpected hiatus from the gym when my mom visited.  My objective was to only do the indoor track and to try to springle in some running in the track mix. 
12 times around the track is a mile.  If you think about it too long it will de-motivate you.  So you need to approach the scenario with a different objective.  Find good music to listen to while you are there.  People watch.  Challenge yourself.  Just don't think about counting to 12.  And so went last night.
5 minutes of walking and warming up.  Really just getting accustomed to the track again.
And then decided one loop run one loop walk.  I had done a minute on a minute off a few other visits... I found the constant glancing at the watch when you get to a minute to be difficult.  So I decided on the lap otpions.
And it looks to have gone pretty well for me.  My current walking pace is a little over 16 minutes per mile.  So to have knocked off 10 seconds to 15:50minutes made me happy.  I did 10 laps at a run over the 3.14 miles I covered.  My goal is to get to 12 laps in the mix this week.

No comments: