Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Another twist in the diet

Still working on that weight loss goal.  Interesting, with working out the desire to snack and nosh is quite different.  And with looking over very options in dieting I have been reintroduced to various foods you forget when always on the road and in a rut.
This week's options beyond the soup...
Cream of wheat - I know that's not new for me.  I have had a box sitting in the fridge since last winter (hence its home in the fridge).  And ironically the SparkPeople web-site suggested mixing it with peanut butter.  HAH - reflections of my father.  Well he preferred peanut butter in his oatmeal.  I do have some peanut butter in the house but the option was with fruit.  And so I made a batch of cream of wheat (yes, a whole batch - it is easier than making a serving each morning and slightly less hassle in the clean up) and mixed it with a pack of frozen raspberries.  YUM! 
I have hesitated to eat too much of the cream of wheat because of the carb aspect but it is a lot less than some other cereals.  Probably gonna switch to steel cut oats once this box is empty.
The other twist - hold on to your HATS - cottage cheese.  I told you to hold on to your hats.
Listen to this crazy approach to this week's dinner menu - chopped romaine lettuce, grilled chicken, cottage cheese, strawberries, some salad dressing.  It has been wonderfully tasty.
I just hope the low calorie weight loss focus works.
Now to find something creative to do next week - and I will be on the road.  That really plain grilled chicken sandwich on dry whole wheat roll may be the mainstay for my time in ATL.

No comments: