Friday, February 4, 2011

Personal best tonight

After some delay and the realisation that I will be at the office again tomorrow I went to the gym this evening.  My friend got a guest pass with me and we hit the track.  She ran most of the way.  I did my normal routine - normal from Monday at least.  But it was neat to have someone else there to hang out with kind of...
So I did 5 minutes walk around the track; then the one run one walk... I came in at 1 miles under 15 minutes.  YAY me.  I did the same for the second mile - except I miss calculated where I was in the mile and in the progress of the laps.  I felt like I should be on the last run lap for that mile.  But I wasn't.  I thought it would only be a little more but it wasnt.  2+ laps later. I came in on the second mile under the 30 minute mark.  The last mile was awkward as my friend was good to be done at that point.  BUT I was only 0.25 into that last mile.  She went and did some machine things - and I kept going.  This was to be a pure walk mile.  But I was getting antsy to be done and to get in under a good time.  I was just short of making it on that last mile in under 45 minutes.  SO bummed.
But I am hopeful to keep it going.

No comments: