Sunday, February 13, 2011

how about while carpet cleaning?!?

I have been thinking about changing the carpet in the downstairs of my house.  I seriously would like to do some versionof tile in the back room and then hardwood throughout.  I originally thought I would start with the tile this year.  But I havent found anything that catches my attention for the time, effort and cost.  Then the little guy has started acting like he is not really fond of the slicker surface that is in the kitchen.  So I fear the upgrades may just immobilize him.  Part of the reasoning for the upgrade is I think it would be easier to clean up after him.  His bladder and bowel functions seem to be depleting.  I thought it was from his injury but the vet thinks it could just be old age. 
So instead I decided I would clean the carpets and start to crate him more often again.
I borrowed a steam cleaner from a friend.  The last time I paid to have them cleaned I was SHOCKED at the price and disappointed at the results.  So I figured some manual labor on my part was a good trade off.
So far today I am liking the results.
And I cant imagine that the exercise of pushing the heavy water laide cleaner around the carpets didnt count as some version of exercise. 
Of course not the 4 miles I was thinking I wanted to do.  But exercise none the less.
Today it is to be close to the 60s so I think I will try to get outside for that.

No comments: