Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Swim FAST!

So the parties for all the birthdays and the workouts over the weekend seemed to really wear me out.  Most of my focus over the weekend was to swim and swim fast.  I am pretty consistent with my swim.  I found a pace sometime last year that I am very comfortable with.  Not that fast but a pace I can do pretty consistently for a good length of time.  Now I am considering 250yards to not be a good length of time.  If I could ramp it up some I could shave a few minutes off that time.  I know you are probably thinking to yourself - 2 minutes per hundred would be 5 minutes total so how much more can you shave?  But from the pool you need to run through the transition area - THAT is when the timing chip clicks off.  So I need to swim at that pace as well as be able to haul my butt through that sign in under 05:55.  So the best way to do that is to pick up my speed in the pool.  To really try to exhaust myself in that 5 minute drill.  And then be prepared to get out of the pool and run.  Of course running around the pool at the Y is not an option and running around the poo with KP probably isn't an option either.  But I need to mentally visualise it.
So that was my focus over the weekend...swim fast. 
The problem with the rest of this week is I may not see the pool.  Tonight I need to pick up a car for work and get to bed early.  So it may not happen.  Tomorrow I wont be home until late.  So Thursday and Friday it may fall into place. BUT I do need to pack one of these here days - which I should really start tonight - then that would give me time later in the week.
OK - got that idea under my belt.  We'll see how that goes.

No comments: