Monday, August 23, 2010

really, Kentucky?

what are the odds?
I decided to make a plug for the upcoming big event that was one everyone's mind while I was at my client last week....  Almost made me wish I had rearranged our 2010 calendar to accomodate the big event.  Of course given their location it probably would have resulted in more traffic than work.
http://www.alltechfeigames.com/
It was neat to see all the work that was going into the city to get it ready.
A guy working on the street lights lost his hard hat...  It bounced right in the path of me and my rental car.  Thankfully I did not react to the guy honking behind me or it would have bounced right on the car.
And there were all these horses painted in carious designs.  It reminded me of the rocking chairs in Charlotte.  I think Chicago did cows once?  I wish I had the time and there was ample parking so I could have gotten out, walked around and taken some pictures.
There is a ground zero in town as well.  Supposedly it was to be an upscale hotel etc etc right in the middle of town.  Just like our big open empty lot right down the road, the benefactor passed away and the work was never completed.  Unlike the gaping hole of the non-Saks, non-Ritz outside Quail Hollow, this was converted in a green grass pasture in the middle of the city with a black fence running around it.
The highlight I am hoping to take advantage of the next visit is the bike trail they are creating.  I think they told me it is to be about 12 miles one way - through a lot of the fields for the University.  It will be interesting to see.  Would be great to be able to try out.

I also dont want to forget dinner.
http://www.dudleysrestaurant.com/
I had the beet and goat cheese salad.  Followed by the lamb with beets and black olives...  I would probably pass on that black olive additive on my own.  Ice cream for dessert...  It is a hard habit to break.

So that's my trip to KY for this year.

No comments: