Friday, August 20, 2010

Ralk

That's what the girl I met with through work called it yesterday.  I have been enjoying WUNNING but RALK sounds so much more calorie burning and intense. 
Of course this morning - after a wonderful dinner last night at Dudley's on Short - I wasnt moving too fast on the workout level.  I completed a pathetic mile walk but my body just wasnt going to go much further than that.
One of the problems on being on the road besides the lack of will power to eat heathy... is the work itself while I am away.  My main focus on these trips is to meet with people individually in meetings - which ultimately leads to sitting at a desk in a conference room for the whole day.  Unlike office days where you get up to go to the printer, get up to confer with a colleague on a subject, get up to go to the bathroom or get water - these days are some pretty intense sitting!  And man oh man do my muscles, joints, limbs feel it after a while.  It's probably the main reason why I have tried to get walks or runs or swims in while I travel.  Well, I know I have a race in 5 weeks as well but this is more about movement.
Today will be a short day before heading off to the airport and sitting some more.  May get a true workout in this evening depending on flights and traffic.

No comments: