Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Cooler, dryer, raining...

And let's not forget the time difference...
OK - Kentucky is still in the Eastern Time Zone but when looking at the map you will note that it is pretty far west in the scheme of things.  I set my alarm for 530 this morning.  Thought I could be out on the road for a run a little after 6 and try to run for an hour...  I know I was being ambitious with that but I just feel so yuck and sluggish that a run could help.
Alarm goes off - I havent slept this well in a few days so the alarm was not a welcome addition to my dreams.  I hit snooze roll over.  Goes off again 10 minutes later - it doesnt look remotely light out there.  Hit the snooze again.  Now it's a little before 6 and it is eating into my theory of running for an hour.  Still dark.  So I check the sunrise schedule from my phone - oh the things you can find with google - sunrise 655am.  GOSH!  So I kick about in bed for a good 30 minutes more - almost to a point where I could talk myself out of it.
But I dont.  I had clocked the loop of the "neighborhood" around the hotel and know it isnt that long.  Not even a mile around.  But off I go.  Wow - it is cooler out.  And dryer - like I said earlier my sinuses are noticing that.  And then a few steps in - hey it started to rain.
I did 20 minutes of 1on 1off. 
Now drinking a coffee in the business center...  more convenient than lugging the laptop out of the rolly bag.

No comments: