Monday, March 1, 2010

MMM - Here it goes

It is official I could potentially overdose on the Stereophonics sometime before the cold weather breaks.  It has been a long running overdose...  Somewhere back in the late 90s early 2000s I heard them on Virgin Radio.  Step on my old size nines?  Handbags and gladrags?  Not sure which it was that caught my attention.  OH I know it wasn't Mr Writer - never been one of my favourites.  From there it went to Have a nice day (my current ringtone), Maybe tomorrow, Madame helga (although I originally was not a fan of Kelly's longer hair)....  I think the vocals have been called gravelly?  I dont know what I'd call them I just know that I find Kelly's raspy voice pretty darned appealing.
And then there was Dakota.  And then the interest kicked in to full gear.  We could potentially go back to older blogs and find me referencing it then.  And that was about the time I decided - I need to get my hands on more of their music - which isn't all that easy to do in the US.  I ended up burning a compilation of songs through some service at Borders - a really cool service no longer provided...  And then I started to fill in the collection with newer releases...
This latest album and the advancements in technology have me just sucked in - youtube, twitter, facebook...  and Kelly and Javier aren't hard on the eyes either - so that helps.
I think I will need to take a break soon.  But not just yet... 
I really can't pick just one song to link here... so check them all out...
http://www.youtube.com/user/stereophonicsmusic?blend=1&ob=4

http://www.stereophonics.com/

Have a Nice Day


Did some searching - August 2006 - I referenced Dakota...  Funny, 3 1/2 years later and I still love this song.  Thought I had worn out the CD then... who knew...

No comments: