Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sit Ups

So a friend posted this silly picture from high school on FB yesterday. A reminder of a different time. Tan before I was cognizant of the effects of the sun. Short hair that may actually be darker than it is today. Hmmm I wonder how that happens. And stomache muscles! Where the heck did they come from? I don't remember them from back then. And I surely don't remember losing them. It also reminded me of this blue string bikini I used to own - and wear for that matter. I guess at 16 I could pull it off.
It gave me some added motivation for some areas I have been avoiding. (Oh Bedshaped just came on - music a.d.d. Kicked in) anyways...
The tedium of core muscle exercises. Mainly the stomache muscles. I have (had) been doing the swimming. I have gotten out there for some walks and runs. But even with the help of a trainer I tend to forget the core muscle group. Now what's wrong with that is strong core strength will help with balance in the water and on the bike. It will also help with posture while running. I know this. So why not do just a few sit ups.
Well that's what this picture got me to do. I was surprised to find myself - lying on the floor, ankles resting on the bed - and there you are 50 crunches. Who woulda thought? So I decided to do them again tonight. I must admit they were a bit more difficult but I did 50 anyways. Yay me!
I look forward to trying again tomorrow.

No comments: