Thursday, March 18, 2010

Farmers Blow

So working out this week hasn't really worked.  I figured this may be the case given yesterday's road trip and stuff that I didnt' want to leave unattended in the car after work.  Luckily for me a client wanted to chat at 530 giving me ample reason to NOT go to the gym. 
So I had the luxury of driving home in very little traffic.  And with the time change I had the luxury of watching others enjoy the sun and warm weather as I drove home.
At the intersection of Rea and (hmmmm - I think its Crane) a bunch of cyclists were coming out on to the main road.  I gave it some thought and considered that side road might not be a bad road to do some road cycling.  And I watched the 4 cyclists come through the intersection into the through traffic.  The light turned and others apprached.  I guess I must have been waiting for a turn light because they weren't moving and neither was I...  And that's when I had the lovely luxury (lots of those this evening in my sarcasm) of watching this next cyclist farmers blow as he waited.  Oh and not just one nostril but both.  And then he proceeded to wipe his nose with his bare hand.  My stomache turns even now just thinking about it.
I hope when I upgrade to some raod cycling this season that that is not one of the side effects of riding.  I will have to pass on that.

No comments: