Monday, March 1, 2010

So back to the workout

I am in a Hampton Inn in Canton GA at the moment.  I had a really nice dinner with relatives last night.  More food than I should have had but the company and conversation were so good.  I made up my mind to get back in the habit of working out... You saw the entry.  And I did the math of waking time, working out, lobby breakfast, drive to client to convince myself that I could get up at my normal time and go take a stroll on the treadmill.  Then I started tossing and turning - not common when in a Hampton bed - but I think I was overheated in the dry hotel room air. 
When the alarm went off the idea of getting up and hitting the gym just haunted me.  I so didn't want to do it.  So about 30 mintues later than anticipated I found my way down to the lobby and the fitness center.
A new leaf or is it a new lease - anyways - I accomplished all of 4 minutes on the elliptical machine.  Now stop laughing.  We all know that running evades me.  So does the elliptical machine.  My trainer told me to turn up the resistance and that could help with the awkwardness of it.  And that it did.  But my haven't been to the gym in over a month body wasn't going to go at that pace for very long.
So I transitioned over to the treadmill - at just under a 3mph pace - again not that stellar - I just needed to get moving.  I did that for 30 minutes while watching Warren Buffett on Squawk Box - so it was mildly entertaining at 6:30 in the morning.
This evening I got back here rather early - I guess that is normally the case with travel for work when there is no meals with clients.  Now I must admit I found a really nice restaurant on-line that I was tempted to go check out.  They even had a reasonably priced salad that I tried to convince myself was reasonable in calories.  But I opted for the Wendys grilled chicken instead.
So I started to look at the WW web-site and found a series of yoga videos - for lack of better deiscription.  I did 35 minutes of carious yoga poses.  And after sitting in bad conference room chairs all day it was probably one of the best things I could have done for myself.  Now I have to convince myself to stick to that when I travel.
Even when I don't travel - wow I used to be far more limber than I am now - how depressing.
So that was the excitement of my evening.  Tomorrrow will most likely be driving again.  And then back behind a desk for a bit. May even make use of my gym membership sometime this week.
Wouldnt' that be wonderful.

No comments: