Sunday, March 14, 2010

Wasting time...

This isn't a new trait.  This is one I have had since I had the old Sears radio on my desk in my bedroom in high school.  Always looking for the new song.  Always looking for something else to sing along to an entertain me.  I advacned to a 2 cassette stereo in college.  I think that one was from Jamesway or Kmart.  And I could listen to one song in one player and fast forward or rewind in the other to get to the next song I wanted to listen to.  Then there was the Sony 5-cd changer stereo.  That kid in Bermuda lucked out when his dad bought that off of me when I had to move.  That was a reliable side-kick - with a remote no less. 
So let's just say I have found many a way to lose time while listening to music.  I like to think it is a better pass time than sitting downstairs watching Tony what's his name talk about P90X for the umpteenth time.  The sun is coming in my window.  My taxes are staring at me from a pile.  And I am not in the fridge looking for something to eat out of boredom.  And if I get realy motivated you could find me dancing and singing along.  Bacchus usually likes that - he equates that to play fetch time. 
So here we go...
I was - as noted in previous blog(s) - searching out some Stereophonics.  I posted that other song.  Which I will have to listen to again.  And then I saw Oh La La...  And I started to listen.  NOT The Kooks cover as I was anticipating...  But a Goldfrapp cover.  Well Oh La La - how fun is that...  So we listen and then on to The Kooks and then on to Goldfrapp.  And wait - they have a new song out - what is that again?  Rocket..  And there we go.  A good 15 to 20 minutes later....

No comments: