Saturday, March 10, 2012

Time for a run and a swim.

Yesterday resulted in just a walk. Met my mom around 3 and we took a stroll of sorts through her neighborhood. So far this morning I have made a crunchy cauliflower salad. Don't let it fool you. It could be healthier. Cauliflower, peas, green onions, celery, cashews, ranch dressing, sour cream, bacon. It's those last few ingredients that give it great flavor. It is those last few ingredients that throw it over the top into unhealthy. I read another recipe to toss bite size pieces of cauliflower with the dry ranch mix and roast. May try that in the future. Then we ventured into new decadence territory. DEFINITELY NOT A HEALTHY PLATE RECIPE! Chocolate covered nutter butter cookie balls. I tucked my dads old food processor out from the bottom of the pantry and chopped up the cookies and some peanuts. I then mixed them with cream cheese and rolled into balls. Iroceeded to dunk the balls into melted chocolate and sprinkle with nonpareils. What a production. They are definitely more like candy than cookies or cake. Think I may stick with whoopie pies in the future. Now I need to get the gym bag out of my trunk and get ready for a 4 mile run and then a mile swim. I think I have enough remnant chocolate coursing through my system for that. Have a BBq to go to this afternoon. Theot Rk and beans and slaw will surely be counter productive to my recent diet successes. So with the subsequent rugby pep rally we are going to before the big Life University vs. Notre Dame game this evening. Go Running Eagles!

No comments: