Sunday, March 11, 2012

BBQ

This has been a topic of conversation in my mom's world for a the better part of this week.  How that in the South BBQ is a noun that represents pork and fixin's.  And in NJ it represents a verb ultimately leading to hamburgers and hot dogs.  We had a little bit of both yesterday.
The BBQ by Butts R Us.  Was amazing as usual.  AND the event to help promote a friend's political efforts made for a nice start to our afternoon.
We followed it up with more tailgate type foods along with burgers at another friend's house.
From there we went to the rugby match.  It was fun to watch the game with so many people that have never watched a game before.  To see there reactions when full grown very athletic men run at full speed at one another with no padding whatsoever.  It is an intersting sport to watch.
It got really cold when we were out there.  But the news says it will be far warmer the rest of the week.

I view yesterday's diet as that diet where they say every so often you give yourself a break on the calorie control to remind your body that you are not trying to starve it.  I think that is what yesterday was.

as far as workouts are concerned.  I did not end up swimming.  In calculating times to get things done I forgot to add in drive times and change times.  And then there is that ever present chlorine smell that I swear does not wash off the first time around.  I didnt want to walk around to all these events and smell like a swimming pool.

Today is supposed to be up into the 70s.  I am thinking a little bike and swim will be in order. 
And then I am trying to convince myself that a run tomorrow morning will work into the schedule.  I have an appointment to donate blood after work so there wont be any training tomorrow evening.
Tuesday and Thursday will be my swim days.  Actually Tuesday I need to work in the stationary bike as well.
Wednesday will be a run - although I am at a client all day so I am not sure how I am going to work that - with the clothes changing etc.  But I will figure it out.
Friday night I think I am leaning towrds just biking.  Need to prep the muscles for Saturday top of the mornin's race.

No comments: