Monday, March 5, 2012

FOod for today

So today was an on the road day. I had my whole grain medley with raspberries for breakfast. I mis-cooked something between the oatmeal, quinoa, red lentils. I think it was the red lentils that are a little undercooked. No big deal it made for a nice hearty breakfast. For my snack for the drive to the meeting I had soy milk with silken tofu and peaches. I don't consider it to be that filling but it did seem to hold me over for the better part of the day. Better part of the day meant that we did not stop for lunch during the road trip. I ended up have my two 130 calorie nut snacks as lunch. I packed one for WDB but he had cashews and almonds instead. And a bit more than the 130 variety. I finally had my lunch around 4pm. The odd eating made for a strained workout. Or maybe it was yesterday's great workout run that made for today's workout to be strained. So tonight in the test kitchen I was going to have left overs. Those roasted winter vegetables just weren't calling out to me. So I decided to make the spaghetti squash with the broccoli pesto. I sautéed onions and mushrooms with some broccoli florets. I tossed them with spaghetti squash. Then puréed steamed broccoli with lemon juice, olive oil, chicken broth and garlic. Then mixed it all together. It must be good. I want more. I need to track my calorie intake some to determine how many more calories I need to try to eat. I feel like I could be below the goal. As for the workout today 16 minutes on the track. Not a stellar pace. 30 minutes on the stationary Ike. The bike that I really hate. No swimming again. I NEED TO SWIM TOMORROW NIGHT. I ALSO NEED TO RUN THE RACE COURSE.

No comments: