Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Eating out

In the quest for keeping the plate in shape I have noticed - eating out does not lend itself all that well to that objective...
I am always surprised by the hidden nutritional facts behind a meal.  Today for lunch I had the vegetarian black bean soup and chopped BBQ chicken salad at Panera.  I knew that there could have been healthier choices but I tried.  I didnt get the bread :)
I was surprised when I did the final compilation and realised LUNCH was the culprit that threw my calorie count over the top today.  740! calories for the one meal.
I am lucky if I get 400 calories in a meal.
I wish I had done the math before dinner.  i may have been a bit more discerning on the food intake.  Not that it was bad.  But maybe I didnt need as much.

I did run for 2+ miles over 30 minutes so there was some calorie burn at least.

No comments: