Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Shard

I passed the line for the London Eye and opted to head straight to The Shard.  The Thames Clipper is definitely a commuter boat.  OK by me.  Gets me to all the places I want to go.

Could see The Shard in the distance.  Took some time to find my way there.  You pretty much need to make your way around the major train and bus stations.  Thankfully traveling alone I got a ticketto the top right away.  Wasnt sure how I'd fair the elevator ride.  It was unnoticeable at all.  You take an elevator to the 33rd floor and then another to 68 or 69 and thenyou walk up a floor for internal viewing.  Then go up to 72 floor for exposure to the elements.  It was really cool.
You can see Wembley and The Eye and the Gherkin, Tower of London, Tower Bridge.  So much better a view than the Eye.

From there I made my way back to the dock.  It was easier to navigate on the way back.  Good thing too.  I had to take a little jog from London Bridge down to the dock to not miss the boat.

Then I took a leisurely cruise on the River Thames out to the O2.  It is an entertainment peninsula all on its own.  I did the British Music Experience.  And that's what it is

No comments: