Friday, June 28, 2013

Day two

Wow..  I just wrote so much and the phone replaced it all.

Day two started at 2AM or even earlier.  That is when our flight appraoched London and they threw on the lights and served breakfast.

Through the clouds I saw a brief glimpse of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Stadium.  Looked just like that Take That Olympics foorltage without the fireworks.

And then again through the clouds I saw The Gherkin, The Strand, The London Eye and Tower Bridge.  I felt like Wendy.  If you are unfamiliar with the alliteration go to Disney.  Peter Pans Flight.  It felt judt as magical.

The airport is huge!  It felt like gate E30 in Charlotte.  The toilet was nice.  The immigration girl not so much.  Wow, she read all the stamps in my passport.  Baggage claim awkward.  ATM OK once I found one that worked.  Yes, there was a moment of fear with that. And they have the Heathrow Express process down pat.

The train ride... in my mind was a train ride.  I came out into Paddington Station and felt what I always feel in train stations...  where the heck am I and where do I go from here.  Give me strength to master that over the next few days.

I walked from there with my luggage to the hotel.  Checked in.  Took a nap.  Errr - my non diamond HH status negates my free internet access. Errr.  It will probably do well to clear my head.

And I took a teo hour nap in my little twin bed in my smaller than a dorm room room.  It is quaint.

No comments: