Friday, June 28, 2013

Day two - part three

I venture out again.  The main itinerary of the day...  Fat Tire Bike Tour...  I signed up for the Royal Gardens Tour.  Me and about 12 others.

We started at the same place - Kensington Gardens - and made our way through Hyde Park past Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, House of Parliament,  Big Ben, a statue of Abe Lincoln (I probably should go back and get a picture), Westminster Abbey, St. James Park.  Oh I am sure I missed something.

It was a great way to spend 3+ hours.  I highly recommend it.   The tiue guide - Max - was very knowledgeable.  The people all very friendly.  There was a family with small boys from Myers Park.  A family of 3 from Minnesota.  A couple from Orlando.  Two guys from Texas studying international accounting in Paris for the Summer. A high school math teacher from Chicago.  And I know I have missed some others.  Only my tour guide knew who Robbie Williams was.  Lol

And now I am at dinner at a pub down the street from my hotel.  Steak and ale pie and a Guinness.  Ok I know that is not British beer but all the rest was overwhelming.

Now to head back to the hotel to upload all this.

No comments: