Friday, June 28, 2013

Day one

Well that was spent around the house.  Then I was at the airport.
Oh the people watching at the airport.  One word..  Bojangles.  Wow!  I opted for the grilled chicken salad.  Not as reasonable as the Waxhaw or South Park version.  But OK for airport food.
The airport itself was crazy crowded.  The queue for my flught was rude and insane.  And I am damned tired of people and their luggage carry ons.  They take up more space than necessary.
On my flight I sat next to an elderly woman.  She could have been my mom.  Sorry Mommy no disrespect on the elderly comment.  She was retu red amd traveling by herself.  She was dropping off her suitcase at a hotel and then boarding a train with her backpack to Scotland for 2 weeks.
She was traveling far more free spirited than any trip I would plan.  Probably because I actually plan.  She was just winging it.  I was impressed even if that would never be my approach.
By the time I left the airport I felt like I should hang about some and help her out.  She was having difficulty with seeing the forms and finding her luggage. I helped her with the ATM but we parted ways there.
I slept OK on the plane.  USAir made a big deal about the meal and complimentary glass of wine and coffee. I JUST wANTED to SLEEP!  I eventually slept.
And so was day one.

No comments: