Saturday, June 29, 2013

Day 3 continued

From the Abbey I walked around some.  Took a picture of some statues and made my way back to the hotel.
I stopped at the Churchill War Rooms along the way.  It was interesting to see the confined underground spaces they stayed in during the war.  How they ruled from below ground.  It reminded me of the bombing stories my landlady in Bermuda had told me of.  There was a museum dedicated to the life of Churchill as well.  He lived to 1965 the age of 90.  I could imagine my dsd spending a good amount of time there.  For me I spent just enough.
From there I walked past St. James Park and down the Mall towards Buckingham Palace.  I think the approach and the statue are fsr more commanding of attention than the palace itself.  Most likely touring the palace on Tuesday AM
Lunch at Serpentine Bar and Kitchen was delicious.  My big meal of the day.
The nap was good too.  I don't normally schedule naps into my holiday but thought today might warrant such behavior.
Now I am off to Wembley.

No comments: