Saturday, June 29, 2013

Day 3 Lunch time

Wow.. so glad I opted to get on out early.  The crowds grew quickly at Westminster Abbey.  An informal line started.  The a semi formal line took over.  And finally all directions were given barricades were put in place and the waiting began.  It wasn't too long of a wait.  I am glad I went when I did. 
Jeremy Irons is the tour guide on the auduo guide but I am pretty sure the female voice was Dame Judy Dench.  It had a brighter and lighter feel to it once inside than the abbeys in Dublin.  Too think to be a young girl and to be married there.  I am more and more impressed with her composure.
And the people and royalty laid to rest there.  As most know cemeteries are not my thing.  So to casually happen upon the tombs of Queen Mary, Queen Elizabeth I and Mary Queen of Scots...  I lit a candle and said a prayer for my dad.  And they do stop throughout the day for prayer.  When I was there it was a prayer for forgiveness.  I was shocked at those unfamiliar with the language or rude enough to not observe the moment of silence.
Oh lunch is here - lamb, chips, rocket, white wine and a chocolate cookie.

No comments: