Sunday, September 30, 2012

back in the water...

remember i have been referencing being around someone and the whole thing making me thankful for what i have and the whole positive outlook on things, etc?  well that has kind of taken a turn for the worse...  oh, don't worry i am still positive and thankful...  but really didnt want to see that much of the dark underbelly of others...  so i have walked away from it.. but sadly kind of miss it... go figure...  i guess it comes back to the distraction was entertaining, the individual was entertaining... 

i decided i need to refocus on what is important to me - because staying up until all hours of the night drinking lots of beer and dancing around - as fun as it may sound - is something from my university day and not for my adult life - at least not on a regualr occassion...

so i went back mentally to where i was 7 weeks ago - does anyone remember what my biggest concern at that time was? 
http://vimeo.com/47472070
how in the world did i spend an entire afternoon watching the closing ceremonies and miss this?
that was the biggest thing on my mind... and i so much enjoyed that stress than any other silliness at the moment...

anyways - so i faced my fears yesterday and ran a 5mile race!  yes, a 5 mile foot race!  Spring Lake Five HERE I COME!!!!  Wonder how to even get on the list to register for that? I digress...
I did good.  It didnt feel that bad.  And my time was good.  I averaged 13 minute miles according to the race stats.  My Garmin shows a little slower but I am OK with that.  So now thinking I will do the 8k at Thanksgiving.

And today I got back in the water for a swim.  I did 1000 yards.  I won't complain for that.  For sure.

And I did some gardening in the wee hours of the morning.
AND got myself out of bed crazy early and went to the 7:30Mass.  Guess what, it is the non-singy Mass.  After all these years I finally stumble upon the version I have been looking for.

And that is that... me getting back on track... 

No comments: