Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sunday....

Long weekend kicking in...    Friday night, well that was the final straw of a long week.  Oddly felt like it opened my eyes.  That cathartic moment.  2 days later it might not seem as eye opening but maybe it still is.  The initial rush has worn off.
Yesterday's training was wonderful.  The ride did a great job to clear my head.  I still need to plot the course I rode.  I followed that up with a run.  Quite the exercise of trying to put the two sports together in a brick.  I havent done one of those in ages.
I spent the rest of the day lounging about.  Lunch with friends - Mmmm Jersey Mikes.  I had the tukey and provolone.  The #3 I figured would be too salty after my workout.  Nice long bath.  I dont know why but I love the luxury of a nice long bath. And cocktails on the patio.  Kind of like a rite of passage for the weekend.  The end of summer-- some subs and some rum...  Two of my favorite beach pass times.  Lobsters and clams would be good too but those arent readily available in this part of the country.
I dont know how many hours of sleep I got last night.  It was surely needed.  It felt odd at first to go to bed so early.  But I was so tired.  I was up late the night before.  And then when I woke up in the middle of the night - how nice to be able to roll on over and go back to sleep for a bit.  WONDERFUL!
Today - a bike ride was not in the mix.  It was supposed to be but the morning didnt pan out for a ride of that nature.  I did however do my long distance run/walk.  OK let's call it what it is - it was a walk.  I wasn't ready to try to cover that distance in a run.  I have been covering 3.5 miles in a walk run combo this is just a walk.  It was good to get out for that amount of time.
I thought with the full night's sleep I had last night that I would work through the day getting things done.  Ooops - not the case.  I fell asleep watching the American Le Mans.  Caught up on some silly tv programming.  And now sit here dazed trying to determine what to do with my time and evening.  Laying low sounds so appealing.  
I havent had an evening to myself in a number of weeks.  There has always been something here or there that has caught up to me.  But not tonight.... 
Not sure what to do to make the most of it.  Tomorrow will be another bike run.  Well at least I hope.

No comments: