Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Alone Time

One pf the perks of travel is anonymity and alone time.  Sitting alone at a restaurant eating some food and coming home to a lone hotel room with no daily distractions.  It may sound unappealing but I think it is good for the soul.  It shakes out all the other noise of a day.
I sit here and dont have to talk to anyone. I can be pleasant to the bartender without the need to be conversant like a regular. I get a dose of Sports Center which I would never turn on at home. 
So I am making the most of it this evening.  And contrary to original plans... I will be home tomorrow night.  So it is not too overwhelming with being away.  And I am happy for it. 
I ramble on the subject as I really was looking forward to being away.  The distance does the heart and mind some good.
So I finish up my dinner of chopped salad and glass of wine.  A light evening.  I will head to the hotel and work a run into the mix.
From there a long hot shower and climb into bed.
I did hit the mall this time around too. Finally got myself a new gray suit.  Now I have to keep the weight off to stay in it
Very excited - it was 40% off as well. 

A good day!  Just in time for the full moon to sneak up on me next week and mess with... but for tonight :)

No comments: