Sunday, October 7, 2012

H.A.L.T.

I havent revisited the HALT acronym in quite some time.  And I don't know that I would say it actually applies but it is the one that has come to mind this past week for ne.  I dont know that I have felt any of those but I needed a quick reminded to exercise patience.  UM - it didnt necessarily work.
I can be so mean sometimes and I hate that about myself.. brutally honest can be hurtful and really to no one's benefit.  No one acts for the positive on the receiving end of nastiness.  So I need to remember to HALT.  Because now even though I have been told everything is OK, there is no way to take it back.  And it will always hover there like a stupid elephant in the corner.  If I really watned to hold true to what I said than it still would have been mean.  I think I was that mean in an effort to convince myself of my actions... but it is not working...  missing is a word that comes to mind...

No comments: