Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Yoga & Treadmill

Every week a little something different...
So this week I am focusing on trying to run a practice run on the route of the Turkey Trout next Thursday.  Of course the problem with the course - if I dont get out of the office exactly at 5pm it really isnt condusive to run the course....  getting too dark with the onslaught of traffic of crazy people on their cell phones driving home and not paying attention...
Instead last night I went to the gym and ran on the treadmill.
I had remembered my trainer suggesting I use the treadmill to force a faster fast.  So I decided I would set up an interval session on the treadmill.  And let me say this.  With the treadmill designated speed and incline I did not find that I ran any faster or any better.  BUT it felt like CRAP!
I think I end up pounding too hard on my heel on the forward stride in an effort to offset that feeling that you could fall off the end.  I cant figure out on how to get the run to happen behind me so to speak or for the front of the foot to strike when on the treadmill.
Now I must admit the 7mph speed felt real comfortable but the offset was hard to adjust to
Will try again today - unless of course I get some time available at the office.
Yoga in the morning - because my focus is run run run between now and next week... and since I am feeling the tightening of muscles as a result of those efforts, I have decided that I will make my AM focus the gradual progression of a sun salutation that I have come across in a magazine I bought MONTHS ago.  Not as easy as you would think.  It doesnt get my heart pumping or sweat flowing like the overbundled walk but need to get it in the mix.
So that is this week.

No comments: