Thursday, November 3, 2011

Running longer distance

Untitled by delbda at Garmin Connect - Details

So I have been trying to run longer distances in one set. Really shooting for .25 to .30 of a mile... Oh stop laughing... But when you look at this pace you will see that my pace gets a bit out of sorts when I shoot for the longer distance. That would be the first 3 quarters where I tried to run. But look at the consistency of pace on those last sections.
Makes me wonder.
Going to unlock some of the runs from last week - one in particular from Wilmington - that has a real odd display of varying pace. But hey I "ran" for quite a distance. Just looks all shoddy with pace etc.

It was suggested this evening by a friend that I just give up the walking and just jog the distance.
What I can say with my pace and form when trying to run at a jog - I HATE IT!... I feel it in my calves. I feel it in my shins... I feel it in the way my feet hit the ground and lift back up.
So I will continue with the concept - just not sure how well it will progress...

Gonna go look over stats again.
Thanks for the motivation
and the belated birthday wishes :)

No comments: