Saturday, January 24, 2009

Success

Somewhere along life's line I have been told - probably from my personal trainer friends - that most successful people have built some form of a workout regime into their schedules. That they are not only driven by the success of their profession but by other aspects as well. Well I was pleased to see one of the most successful people I know at my little gym today. We had a brief chat on my week. I was thankful to be reminded that there are others out there on the same page as me in some aspects of what I do. And when I got on the treadill I thought... Of all places - sure he was by our office earlier this week - I never expected to see him at that gym. He does live nearby. So location makes sense. And he is one of the most soft-spoken, non-flashy, humble people I know. So I guess it would make sense that he would be there instead of one of the flashier locations. And then I felt bad because I know others are jealous of his success and would have snide comments to say as a result of running into him. And that pissed me off. So I just ran it off instead. Interesting where you can find your motivation at times... 2.38miles in 37 minutes. Followed with some stretches.
I could easily take a nap now.

No comments: