Saturday, January 31, 2009

So soon in fact - Saturday

One of my thoughts for this morning wa to take zumba near my office and head to work. Instead I volunteered to give blood later this afternoon. And I opted to bring some of the work home instead. Then I saw there was a zumba at the same time at Siskey. I thought - hmmm it is closer, I could go there. Well when I got out of bed this morning - that cleaning I was avoiding hit me square on. So I spent most of the morning toying with that. OH there is still more to do but the essentials are done.
But I also opted for some gym time. I went to the little gym. I am still working on that interval trainer on the treadmill. Plus my legs felt a little sore from biking maybe? I was certainI would end up with a crappy pace. But I have to say I was eventually surprised and pleased with myself. That first mile was slow and painful. I finished somewhere over 15minutes. I picked up the pace on mile 2 to finish somewhere around 32/33 minutes (total) and then to get the 3rd mile in in just over 45minutes? I was psyched. In total I did 5o minutes for 3.22 miles.
AND I stretched. It is nice to feel some of the flexibility in my muscles coming back. Every time I plop myself down on the mat I think of how flexible I was in those gymnastic and cheerleading days. Damn - why did I ever let that go? I am hopeful it will come back!
Off to eat something, get some hydration and give some blood.

No comments: