Saturday, January 31, 2009

Friday - still no cleaning as exercise

I had convinced myself that the cleaning was never going to happen so I best make an effort to get back to the gym. I packed my bags and was all set to get on that bike again.
You hear there is a but coming along, can't you... Well KP called and said they would be at the Siskey Y for basketball if I wanted to join her in a workout. I have never been to that Y. What a great way to force me to check out something new. Go with a friend. And that's what we did. We walked the upstairs track for 30 minutes - it would have helped if we had counted for distance etc. But we did not. We both did run a few laps. She is much better at pushing herself and getting her heart rate up. Me, not so much.
And then we did the reclining (I know there is a specific word for this) bikes for 20 minutes... funny on that bike I actually got 6 miles in in 20 minutes. Go figure. Overall it was fun and different and I am looking forward to going back to that location soon.

No comments: