Friday, January 23, 2009

Hotel Gyms

I have been traveling with my current job now for 4+ years. Fact of the matter is I have been traveling for them almost since day one when we went to ATL and stayed at this pretty nasty hotel. All a very wierd start. Not too long after that I started doing the ATL trips on my own - well at least some of the time. One of my first recollections was to a location north of ATL - I have recently learned I actually have family in the area. But at that time I stayed at the hotel down the road. I have always been the hotel gym optimist... I will pack my sneaks and clothes and maybe get on a treadmill. Now remember I have never considered myself an athlete so I find this habit a bit off. But I am consistent with it. The other aspect that I don't find as odd - probably because I was a mermaid in a previous life - is that if there is a pool I am packing my swimsuit. I remember swimming at this hotel in ATL and have packed a suit ever since and more often than not get in the water. It is quite relaxing when traveling and so far better than sitting in the hotel room.
Well this latest trip the hotel had a gym and a pool. I brought all the fixins...
However I only made it on the treadmill the first night. Now I won't whime or complain. I did 2.14 miles in about 32 minutes. So for me a job well done. A pace well achieved. And luckily enough in the midst of it I was able to catch some innauguration coverage.
The next night I was going to try the pool but the 12 hour day just took the wind right out of my sail.
On the highest note - I can thankfully say I hit the gym three days in the past 6.
And I am gearing up to go again tomorrow. Let's hope the motivation sticks in the overnight.

No comments: