Thursday, May 21, 2020

day 68

Not much to say today.
Laying in bed.  Listening to the birds outside.  Can hear a few cars in the distance. It is early still but light out already this time of year.  It has me thinking I should jump on the bike and ride around the big block just to get some fresh air.

This week has been another dud of a week when it comes to work outs.  My stomach was a mess earlier in the week.  Blaming that on some random foods.  And then I havent motivated from there.

Last night I worked until about 8pm.  That is a problem with the office being just down the hall.  You start a project and it just gets away from you... and you don't have to worry about the drive.. you have fed the dog.. and you just work on.  Glad I did.  Got a spreadsheet done that needed attention and can send some emails today to get some insight on what I did.

I ended up cooking late.  Homemade scampi.. work in progress for sure.
and then just stayed up too late.  That typically goes hand in hand with the work thing.

Today I have meetings in the AM.  Then need to run some leftovers to my mom.  And the afternoon will be more meeting scheduling and spreadsheet filling.

Tomorrow is a short day and the start of a long weekend.  Not sure what that will look like.  Some bike rides maybe.  So long walks or runs.  More cooking.  And laundry. 

Mentally it has been a good week.  Trying to not listen to too much drama.  It is out there in full force. Trying to stay off social media more than I used to.  And trying not to engage in undermining conversations. 

Meditation helps.  Breathing exercises help.  I am glad there are a good number of those at my finger tips.



No comments: