Friday, August 17, 2012

Don't bug me

There can be so many hazards with running. First if you are klutzy you need to be careful. Depending on where you run you should be careful of cars and other vehicles. I came across other hazards with last nights run.

First off, I am now packing bug spray in my bag along with sunscreen. Have you seen the news on West Nile? So the bug spray has come out. Of course the other day when I ended up doing some tree climbing along the trail I did get a bug bite. Then unthought of that awful poison ivy from hiking in Cozumel. I got nervous it wasn't a bug bite. So to help take precautions the bug spray is in the bag. Of course a little bugger got me right on my elbow last night. Only covered 2 miles.
Hazard two... Well this might not impact everyone. Somehow between the HRM sports bra and sports bra I pinched a piece of skin under my arm. It was just uncomfortable after a while. When I got home I realized it was more than just uncomfortable. Nice ol' irritated piece of skin. I have switched up the sports bras for today's run in hope it won't get any more irritated.
And lastly - hair ties. How in the world did I knot my hair around my ponytail holder? And in a good way. In don't know nautical knot terms but this one was a good one. Unfortunately I did end up having to cut it out of my hair. Well I cut the damaged hair. CSM will love that at the end of next month when I go to get my hair cut. Hopefully I can avoid that again.
Did cover two miles. Trying for 4 today. Half day - so we shall see how I step up with that free time.

No comments: