Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Caffeine

I made a conscious effort to give up caffeine a little under 2 years ago.  I remember the headache well.  OK - it may have been an allergy headache but a headache none the less.  Since that time I have done well to usually purchase decaf coffee and tea for the home with only the occasional caffeinated drink outside of the home.
Well for my birthday I was given a box of Starbucks Kcups - caffeinated variety.  I have been meaning to exchange it but the need for coffee got the best of me over the weekend.  And so I opened it.  UGH! What was I thinking?!?!?
I did well with only one cup on Saturday.  But since then I have escalated and have actually had 3 cups today.  I am preparing for the crash as I type.
I know it is going to undermine me in various ways.
Transitioning to gallons of water at this moment.

With the full moon and the stress of being off from work for two days - I do not need the mood swing related to a caffeine crash.  AGAIN - what was I thinking...

No comments: