Sunday, September 15, 2013

Date last week

I know, something I never talk about.  But this one threw me for a loop. 
I have never had a man follow me to a bathroom to ask me out for dinner.  I was flattered.  I gave it some thought and decided I could do dinner.
The first date ended up being beer and quesadillas.  Not really dinner but the golf tournament interrupted to timing of the meal.  It was good conversation.  You know the normal stuff - work, family, friends, home towns, interests, Red Sox/Yankees, Pats/Giants.  It was a nice time.
It was decided that we would try again for dinner the next night.  Again, not what I am normally accustomed to.  Not that typical silent treatment to not look to overzealous too quickly.
THEN all craziness broke out.
Second guessing of dinner plans.  Which required affirmations that dinner would be happening.
Dinner was like an interrogation with psycho-analysis.  So much for continued conversation of interests etc.  Shoot we never got to movies, music, books, etc.
Why am I still single?  Why haven't my friends set me up with any of their friends? Why am I so cold?  How come I am so independent?  Does it bother men I've dated that I am so smart? 
Like I said all sorts of craziness.
I decided that it was just some nervousness and I would give it the benefit of the doubt.
No doubt by Thursday.  It was more questions...  Do you think opposites attract?  Do you believe in love at first sight?  Why am I so cold?
I finally said, your quick conclusion of me and who I am in incorrect and that is a shame.
So we'll mark that off as done.

No comments: