Friday, September 16, 2011

Purple sweater

Some thoughts popped up in my mind this morning while I was in the shower about our trip...
I would like to think they were a pleasant distraction from my recent constant sniffling sneezing coughing, but it wasnt.  I actually found myself having to get out of the shower just to blow my nose.  Really?  I mean I neti pot right before I got in the shower - the first time that as worked in days. But obviously not enough...  It was when I got out of the shower that I was reminded of all the odd HALF shower doors in almost all of our hotels.  I saw no full shower doors the entire time I was away.  I have to wonder what the appeal of the half shower door is.  It looked real cool in the first bathroom I must admit.  But the first shower confirmed that it in no way helps keep the water where you want it.  And trying to shave your legs while standing, just forget it.  You may as well bathe with lysol so the spray can be wiped up AND disinfect the room all in one swoop.
As for the purple sweater?  I was looking for that purple sweater most of the trip - convinced I had left it randomly in Adare Manor in my distraction of missing my camera.  Turns out it never left the States.  It was hanging in my closet right next to my tan suede jacket just where I had left it.  Seems like it is cooling down around these parts too so may have a need for both of them in the near future.

No comments: