Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hopeful

I was hopeful this storm would finally blow past and we could at least take the Cliffs water tour if not the Aran Islands ferry. But from the looks out our window no such luck.
Speaking of out the window - we have a view out a sky light that looks up the mountain our little B&B has been built into. It somewhat reminds me of my apartment in Bermuda being dug into the side of a mountain. The steep awkward front steps included.
And the wind blustering through reminds me of Greenbank this past Spring when KP and I were there. Unlike Bermuda the wind doesnt seem to subside over the course of the day.
Anyways there will be no boating this trip.
We are contemplating some hiking today. On the way out of The Burren there is a National Park.  I figure we can do a short hike like we did in Killarney. I know all you rugged types question the short hike but with my mom those are the easiest types. No need to overwork and not be able to get back out of the forest.
From there we work our way down to Newmarket on Fergus. Our last hotel is there somewhere. Really not sure - the mapz and directions are somewhat in complete. Nearby is another castle that we may go gawk at -Dromoland. Remember we stayed at Adare in the beginning instead.
There is also Bunratty Castle and Folk Park. I suspect we will visit the Folk Park tomorrow.
We have reservations for dinner there as well.
I have it written as tomorrow night but I truly think it is tonight.
The other night my mom wants to go to Dirty Nellies Pub. She saw it on a tshirt.  She also wants to check out the live music there. The problem with that is we never get through very much of it at that late hour.
The pub last night had live music. It was more live guitar music. I rather enjoyed it.
Well off to breakfast.

No comments: