Thursday, April 16, 2020

Power outage

it seems that even in quarantine my consistency with blogging is about as it was when i was getting out of the house.  by the end of the work day i am at a loss for words.. and with the short commute downstairs i really don't have an opportunity to decompress much from the work day

every week there has been something a little different..
week 1 was all fresh and new - remember i had put together a daily game plan for myself to make sure i got up from my desk and was active
it is a great idea but the pollen got to be a bit much and then the people started always being outside..  it is hard to feel comfortable social distancing when people come out in groups of 5 to walk etc...  and those that think it is time to hang out and have drinks with friends..
week 2 there was a little stress breakdown in the middle of the week - couldnt tell you what at this point i just remember getting off a call and going for a long walk to clear my head
week 3 seemed to go a little better - i found myself some yoga routines and meditations an the bike and i got reacquainted
week 4 we had a short week with a holiday on Friday
i spent the holiday talking to a long time friend for over 2 hours - thank goodness for video chatting over the internet or that would be a silly expensive calle
and week 5...  seemed like a pinnacle week.. we have crossed over into longer than a month

i woke up with lots of ideas on my mind
and BOOM yes BOOM a thunderstorm blew through... thought there were some tornadoes in the mix as well - maybe they were straight line winds but whatever they were - they took out a few trees in the cute little downtown area with the old victorian homes, tall trees and above ground power lines... the trees came down, the lines came down, the power came down.  I was out of power for 36+ hours... **sigh**

what to do, what to do...
at first i worked from home.  i had enough charge in my phone to get a mifi signal and enough charge in my surface to do some work
BUT I WANTED COFFEE

i considered going out to get coffee... i am a little unnerved by going out to get food.  i know other areas do not have businesses open for take away food but we do here... so i could go to Starbucks, I could get a coffee...  but do I really want to?

instead i went to my mom's
i have been avoiding going in to her house because who knows what we are both exposed to
it just wouldnt be fair... i am the one running to the store and picking p the groceries and such
so she made me a cup of coffee and brought it to me on her patio
that's when i had the resourceful idea - bring an extension cord and all my stuff and work from her patio - it worked like a charm!  the phone was plugged in, the laptop plugged in, the tablet was plugged in... and off i went

now running some reports from the patio did not really pan out but i was able to follow up on a wealth of emails i was looking to send
and so went my Monday and Tuesday

No comments: