Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Day 25

How are you doing?
Yesterday and this morning I reached out to individuals that I havent heard from in a while just to touch base and see how they were doing.
It was nice to hear back from those that responded. A little heart breaking to not hear back from others.

My introvert ways know that if I don't do that occasional reach out I will eventually pull into myself all together.  There is a little voice that says - just don't reach out - let's see how long it takes THEM to think of you... It is a miserable little head game.. probably taught to me at a young age.

Everyone that has replied seems to be OK.  Some stories of how their communities are social distancing.  Some stories of sorrow where friends and family members have succumb to the virus.  Two have been sick but on the mend.  Most are still working.

It is an interesting observation.. people are falling into their new normal. Being home with their children and their families.  Working remotely and interacting with fellow employees where necessary.  The circle of friends and acquaintances is getting smaller.  There are no longer casual interactions with individuals in hallways, greenways or at the gym.  People are only interacting with the people they have to interact with.  There is no need to do anything beyond that.  There is no opportunity to do much else.

So I reach out to others because I can.  I reach out to others before I start to convince myself it is pointless.


No comments: